Sunday 22 March 2015

We are now closed to submissions for the 19 April Stroud Short Stories event. 


I am very grateful, indeed completely humbled, by the receipt of 128 stories submitted by 91 Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire authors, figures which obliterate all previous records.

Huge thanks too to Christiane, our administrator, for recording, spreadsheeting, compiling, querying, maintaining the authors' anonymity and only sometimes arguing with me.

I have been reading the stories as they arrive, but there remains a huge task in deciding the final ten. I intend to make an announcement by 8 April at the very latest - earlier if I can.

When our friends at the SVA make tickets available online I will post that information immediately.

John Holland 
Organiser, Stroud Short Stories
stroudshortstories@gmail.com