Stroud Short Stories is now open for submissions for our 21 May 2017 event
It is an open themed event, so any subject, any genre, any thing!
Info about our judges is here.
Rules for the 21 May 2017 event
- Submissions will be considered from writers who were born in Gloucestershire or South Gloucestershire, or who currently live, or work, or study, or are a member of a writers' group in either county.
- There is no charge for submissions.
- A maximum of two stories per author may be submitted.
- Stories may be previously published or unpublished.
- Authors must be 16 or over at the time of the event.
- Poetry and children's fiction will not be accepted.
- Stories must be between 500 and 1,500 words (excluding the title).
- Submissions must be received by the end of Saturday 22 April 2017.
- Stories can only be submitted by email to email@example.com
- Writers must be available to read at the SSS event on the evening of Sunday 21 May 2017 at the SVA, John Street, Stroud. Please do not enter your work unless you can be there.
- Writers chosen to read may not submit to two consecutive SSS events.
- Although submissions are judged 'blind', no relatives/family members of the SSS organiser, administrator or judges may submit.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to Submit
Our submissions process ensures that our judges select the ten stories to be read without knowing the names of the authors.
This is how to submit your stories -
- Please read the rules above before submitting.
- Email your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach your story in pdf, doc or docx format.
- Please do NOT include any details about yourself on your story. Include only the title of your story and the word count on your story attachment.
- In the covering email, to which your story is attached, include your name, email, phone number, the title of your story (for cross referencing), the name of your village, town or city, and your connection with Gloucestershire/South Gloucestershire if it is other than where you live.
- The closing date for submissions is the end of Saturday 22 April 2017.
- The receipt of your submissions will be acknowledged electronically. If there is a problem we will email you.
- You will be informed by email of the ten stories selected to be read by their authors no later than 12 May 2017.