Rules and How to Submit to our 20 May 2018 event
- Submissions will be considered from writers who were born in Gloucestershire or South Gloucestershire, or who currently live, or work, or study, or are a member of a writers' group in either county.
- There is no charge for submissions.
- A maximum of two stories per author may be submitted.
- Stories may be previously published or unpublished.
- Authors must be 16 or over at the time of the event.
- Sorry, poetry and children's fiction will not be accepted.
- Stories must be between 500 and 1,500 words (excluding the title).
- Submissions must be received by 23.59 on Saturday 14 April 2018.
- Stories can only be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writers must be available to read at the SSS event on the evening of Sunday 20 May 2018 at the SVA, John Street, Stroud. Please do not enter your work unless you can be there.
- Writers chosen to read may not submit to two consecutive SSS events.
- Although submissions are judged 'blind', no relatives/family members of the SSS organiser, administrator or judges may submit.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. I'm sorry that because of the number of submissions we receive we are not able to provide feedback on individual stories.
- Please read How to Submit below before submitting. Obvious, I know, but you'd be amazed...
Our submissions process ensures that our judges select the ten stories to be read without knowing the names of the authors.
This is how to submit your stories -
- Please read the Rules above before submitting.
- Email your stories to email@example.com
- Attach your story in WORD doc or docx format, and not in pdf or other formats please.
- Please do NOT include any details about yourself on your story. Include only the title of your story and the word count on your story attachment. (It's ok to attach two stories to one email).
- In the covering email please include your name, email address, phone number, the title of your story or stories (for cross referencing), the name of your village, town or city, or your connection with Gloucestershire/South Gloucestershire if it is other than where you live (see Rule 1 above).
- The closing date for submissions is Saturday 14 April at one minute to midnight (23.59).
- The receipt of your submissions will be acknowledged electronically. If there is a problem we will email you.
- You will be informed by email of the ten stories selected to be read by their authors no later than 4 May 2018.