We are now closed for submissions for our 5 November 2017 event
The theme was 'All you need is love. Or is it?'
- Submissions will be considered from writers who were born in Gloucestershire or South Gloucestershire, or who currently live, or work, or study, or are a member of a writers' group in either county.
- There is no charge for submissions.
- A maximum of two stories per author may be submitted.
- Stories may be previously published or unpublished.
- Authors must be 16 or over at the time of the event.
- Poetry and children's fiction will not be accepted.
- Stories must be between 500 and 1,500 words (excluding the title).
- Submissions must be received by the end of Saturday 23 September 2017.
- Stories can only be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writers must be available to read at the SSS event on the evening of Sunday 5 November at the SVA, John Street, Stroud. Please do not enter your work unless you can be there.
- Writers chosen to read may not submit to two consecutive SSS events.
- Although submissions are judged 'blind', no relatives/family members of the SSS organiser, administrator or judges may submit.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to Submit -
Our submissions process ensures that our judges select the ten stories to be read without knowing the names of the authors.
This is how to submit your stories -
- Please read the rules above before submitting.
- Email your stories to email@example.com
- Attach your story in pdf, doc or docx format.
- Please do NOT include any details about yourself on your story. Include only the title of your story and the word count on your story attachment.
- In the covering email include your name, email, phone number, the title of your story (for cross referencing), the name of your village, town or city, and your connection with Gloucestershire/South Gloucestershire if it is other than where you live.
- Please give your story a title different from the name of the theme ie NOT 'All you need is love'.
- The closing date for submissions is the end of Saturday 23 September 2017.
- The receipt of your submissions will be acknowledged electronically. If there is a problem we will email you.
- You will be informed by email of the ten stories selected to be read by their authors no later than 27 October 2017.